Dee has an unmatched record of leadership and park stewardship:
- Current Board member, East Bay Regional Park District, Ward 2 2017-2020
- 2017-Secretary of the Board
- 2018-Treasurer of the Board
- 2019-Vice President
- Park Ranger, Park Supervisor, and Fire Lieutenant (Retired), East Bay Regional Parks, 1976-2013
- Co-Convener, California Alliance of Retired Americans
- Board Member, Oakland Fire-safe Council
- Former Chair, Alameda County Parks, Recreation and Historic Commission
- Former President, Alameda Labor Council, AFL-CIO, and AFSCME Local 2428
- Former Treasurer, Regional Parks Association
- Former Vice President, Friends of Sausal Creek
- Former Representative, Diablo Fire Safe Council
Dee brings the perspective of someone who knows East Bay Parks inside and out to make them the centerpiece of the East Bay. He has the budget and planning experience to know what it takes to staff and develop the parks to ensure that they are safe and accessible for all.
That's why, in his first campaign for the EBRPD Board in 2016, Dee was endorsed by the Sierra Club, the Democratic Party, the Alameda County Central Labor Council, the Central Labor Council of Contra Costa County, and the Wellstone Democratic Renewal Club, among other organizations, and many local leaders and elected officials, including State Senator Loni Hancock, Assemblymember Rob Bonta, Assemblymember Tony Thurmond, former Assemblymember Nancy Skinner, and many more. See all of Dee's endorsements.
Dee is your elected Director for the East Bay Regional Park District Ward 2, which includes large swatches of both Alameda and Contra Costa County. Find out if you're in Ward 2.